Welsh Water Build Over Agreement Fees

Surface water drainage carries rainwater (and melted snow and ice) from hard surfaces. The surface system of gutters and rainwater pipes is called roof drainage; underground pipes are called surface water sewers and surface water channels. In order to avoid an increasing risk of flooding elsewhere, it is best to insulate them on permeable soils or to make them from permeable materials. Permeable materials include both porous materials (z.B in the form of grass or reinforced gravel, porous concrete or porous asphalt) and permeable materials (e.g. B clay bricks or concrete blocks designed for water to pass through joints or cavities). This will not only minimize the impact on the environment, but also avoid the cost of drainage. If it is not practical to use infiltration (for example. B for nearby foundations, waterproof or contaminated soil or a high water table), it is preferable to transport them to a stream or, if not, to a surface water channel or, as a last resort, to a combined sewer. Surface water should not be discharged into a draining sewer or sewer. Flow covers indicate exits.

By lifting the lid, it may be possible to see the direction, size and depth of the pipes, but not enter the chamber (which can be filled with toxic gas) and ensure that the cover is replaced safely. Therefore, you need to tell us if you are planning to expand your home so that we can make sure that your home and our pipes are protected during and after construction. The sanitary pipes must be ventilated so that air escapes from the pipes and sewers in the building. This section has been written for owners who might consider building an extension or making changes. It describes the most important impact drainage can have on your project. If you decide to continue your project, your contractor will need to consult the approved H document in order to obtain detailed information on compliance with the building rules. To carry the flow and avoid obstructions, the flow or pipe you want to connect to should normally be at least 0.8m below ground floor level. If it`s less than that, you should seek advice from a contractor, architect or drainage engineer. If you want to know more, our detailed instructions are a good start.

They will help you know if and what type of consent you need. You must then file either a construction declaration or a formal agreement request. The construction of an existing flow or channel can damage the pipes, causing them to drain or block, which can lead to olfactory nuisance, health problems and environmental damage. It also makes it more difficult to clear plugs and repair or replace faulty exits, which take time and are expensive. Therefore, if there is a flow below or near the proposed extension, it may be necessary to move or protect it, which may increase the cost of your project.

Comments are closed.